The MYnstrel team is a unique blend of dedicated and energetic professionals who make a fun time out of your musical endeavors. Whether you’re a music fan, artist, music business professional, teammate, or founder, we are sure to hear your voice, give you what you want, and deliver phenomenal attractions beyond your wildest dreams.
It takes special people to lead the MYnstrel community. We have diverse educations and professional experiences, and we have connections in many social and professional circles. By Executive Order, MYnstrel CEO Tommy Kurek has turned down advice to “provide only vague biographies as is typical of companies of our stature” from our Public Relations consultants.
On the contrary, we believe that strong music requires strong community and support of each other. We think that history has proven that the business of music has special needs in certain aspects, and this is one of them – a caring personal touch. We invite you to get to know our leaders with an open mind; we are unique individuals like you, seeking stronger community and progress. Let’s get to know each other and do great things for music.
The top four contributors to MYnstrel’s mission are listed below (in the order of total value and efforts contributed):
Tommy Kurek: CEO
Tommy is the mastermind of MYnstrel, hailing from Washington D.C. with roots in Buffalo, NY. The recipe for Tommy consists of one part Innovator, one part Manager, and one part Technician. Seasonings include Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Business Analysis, The Business of Music, Audio Recording, Songwriting, Singing, and Guitar Sauntering. Tommy has gained unique experience quickly, and overcome many complex challenges in a short time through unrelenting passion, discipline, and focus.
For many years, Tommy has leveraged his advanced technical knowledge and experience in complicated industries to invent new music technologies and music business processes during his free time. In 2007, he founded MYnstrel to begin making the dream a reality. MYnstrel codifies Tommy’s ultimate dream to share his inventions with music fans, artists, and music business professionals for the betterment of music, social health, and culture.
Tommy grew up working between the suburbs and cities, most often left to his own devices in his younger years. He worked his way through high school and college, doing whatever honest thing he could to get ahead. Those jobs in high school included: baking bagels, mixing dough, bakery night management, and power-company office administration.
In college, Tommy continued to pay his own way by consuming most of his free time with jobs in website design, research assistance in crystallography, teaching assistance for materials engineering, and resident advisory.
After graduating, Tommy shot to the forefront of his career in technology and business by inventing and building high-tech systems for international development, international real estate, law, healthcare, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), ecommerce logistics and fulfillment, finance, and music.
He has held responsibilities for:
- Executive Leadership
- Software Engineering
- Enterprise, Systems, and Software Architecture and Design
- Business, Systems, and Requirements Analysis
- Defect Prevention and Root Cause Analysis
- Organizational Gap Analysis
- Project Management
Tommy graduated from Virginia Tech with a specialized degree in Engineering Theory, Engineering Science and Mechanics, a concentration in Biomechanics, and a minor in Mathematics. Tommy took advanced courses in Economics, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, and Materials Engineering to obtain this unique degree.
Software Engineering was just something that the students of the program had to learn on their own – whether to program something to find out exactly where a helicopter blade would fail based on measured pre-existing material defects, or to build rudimentary Finite Element Method software using the Calculus of Variation, or for Rocket Science applications to determine how to get a satellite successfully into orbit.
In his scant free time during college, Tommy did journalism, helped local artists with digital recording projects, and composed drums, guitars, synthesizers, bass, and vocals for twenty songs.
Tommy has taken his technical and business prowess to the realm of music, his first passion. Tommy was an early adopter of Digital Audio Recording, making his first DAW-based recording in 1998. Since then, he has written over 40 songs in the genres of Classic Rock, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Dance, and Classical.
He has favorite artists in all genres of music and regularly follows the work of more than 200 artists.
Tommy has great inspiration to constantly invent new technologies and business processes for MYnstrel – he intends on using them for his own music and will always deliver products that he has tested successfully with his own music and fan base.
Tommy has invented and/or developed the following technologies:
- Joint-torque analysis system to prevent broken hips in the elderly and fatigued soldiers
- Tissue analyzer to increase the longevity of bioprosthetic heart valves
- Procedures to streamline Section 508 Accessibility compliance (for the visually impaired)
- Business-oriented websites to advertise the products of Africans living near Botswana and the Southern Africa Trade Hub
- For hospitality, real estate, and corporate housing: Customer Relations Management Systems, Reservation System enhancements, multi-lingual Content Management System, Geographic System integration, Price Point Rate Modeling System
- For ecommerce: Marketing, notification, and e-coupon systems, logistics and fulfillment systems, financial system integration
- For Law: Document Management, Records Management, and eDiscovery system analysis
- For medicine: Medicaid management systems to decrease costs and improve quality of healthcare for underprivileged children in Washington DC
- For music: Too many technologies to cite under the umbrella of MYnstrel
Tommy has also written music for and produced four full-length albums in various genres of music, and won numerous statewide awards for jazz guitar and bass choral work. Most importantly, he has had the honor to provide Chief Executive leadership for MYnstrel since its inception.
“What we do in life echoes in eternity” – Maximus, Gladiator
“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. … I get most joy in life out of music.” – Albert Einstein
“Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value” – Albert Einstein
“No comprehension to fail, I vacuum the wind from my sails” – Pantera
“My soul was starving, I was born with nothing, but I’ll die with everything” – Papa Roach
“Do you want what I want? Desire not a thing, I hunger after independence, lengthen freedom’s ring” – Metallica
“This I know: the risk is worth the gain, it’s worth the sacrifice – way beyond the ties that bind” – Alter Bridge
“I’m reaching up and reaching out…we’ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one’s been.” – Tool
For better or worse, a few of Tommy’s quirks are on display for you. Have fun with them!
- Prefers driving with the windows down
- Holds the guitar classical-style, on the left knee, and prefers 25.5″ scale length guitars
- Has a habit of making friends with workers in local establishments – he can’t stop from smiling and starting conversations, and will remember conceptual things about random people more often than names
- Defiantly practiced singing against his doctor’s orders after a car accident injured his jaw
- Does really good voice impersonations
- Prefers watching The History Channel, news, zany comedy, or music videos during downtime or rudimentary activities
- Likes running, calisthenics, and free weights for fitness
- Would rather do completely without something and save to buy a nice version of it, rather than buy a cheap version just to have it. Tommy is not prone to desire for instant gratification.
- Tommy’s heritage is 25% Italian, 25% German, 25% Polish, and 25% Czech, but the Italian influence prevailed in the household
- Heard that a street vendor in Washington DC was robbed, and then bought a bag full of goods from them to stimulate their business as best he could to get them back on track (and then encouraged his coworkers to do the same
Anthony Abbruscato: Principal Business & Music Consultant
Anthony was born in Brooklyn, NY and then moved to the Washington DC area at the age of 13. Anthony is a born leader, having graduated from West Point military academy. He has a penchant for creating music through drumming, singing, and loves to dabble with the guitar.
Anthony also has persevered in complex knowledge areas including Chemistry, Life Sciences, Nuclear Engineering, Information Technology Management, Business, Government Contracting, Program Management, and National Defense.
Anthony worked himself up to become a successful entrepreneur and National Security Analyst and Program Manager in a very short time. MYnstrel has afforded Anthony the opportunity to return to his first love, music, with all of the immensely valuable leadership, management, and analytical gifts that has earned elsewhere in his career.
Anthony’s first job was mixing and baking bagels at the Chesapeake Bagel Bakery in Sterling, Virginia. He quickly moved into his first managerial role before graduating and going off to college.
Upon graduation from West Point, Anthony became a commissioned officer in the US Army with a rank of 2nd Lieutenant. He was stationed at Fort Knox, KY, Fort Riley, KS, Fort Huachuca, AZ, and Osan AB, Korea. He deployed to Iraq from September 2003 through September 2004. He served as a Tank Platoon Leader, a Heavy Mortar Platoon Leader, a Scout Platoon Leader, and then as a Military Intelligence Liaison Officer. He led over 150 soldiers before he decided to leave the Army in November of 2006 as a Captain.
After leaving the Army, Anthony soon shot to the forefront of defense contracting and managed multiple national defense programs. Now Anthony is living his dream of helping artists and growing his own music acts through MYnstrel.
He has held responsibilities for:
- Information Technology Management
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Multifaceted Intelligence Analysis
- Organizational Management
- Security Management
- Operational Analysis
- Logistics Analysis
Anthony is an avid music lover and owns over 700 CDs of all different genres including classic rock, heavy metal, jazz, fusion, classical, funk, techno, industrial, inspirational, progressive rock, ska, pop, rhythm and blues, and folk.
Anthony has also written vocals, guitars, drums, and lyrics for numerous songs. His musical background includes four years of playing drums in his high school jazz band, four years in the college drum corps, and fourteen years playing drums in local bands.
Anthony is frequently contacted by local bands to contribute drum tracks to songs in a variety of genres.
Anthony has accomplished the following in his career:
- Earned a Bronze Star Medal in 2004 for his achievements in the US Army
- Managed three government programs simultaneously with over 100 personnel from three different countries and a combined budget of over $50 million
- Coordinated the recruitment, training, processing, and deployment of over 200 personnel to Germany and Iraq resulting in 100% deployment readiness rate
- Initiated tracking database to monitor all personnel resulting in 100% accountability and 100% performance in meeting all Department of Defense deployment checklist items
- Implemented maintenance program resulting in 100% accountability of 960 lines of equipment spread over 100 kilometers at three base camps in Iraq
- Developed training plan for Expert Infantryman Badge (EIB) that resulted in a 50% pass rate when the national average was an 18% pass rate
- Led the first Iraqi/US force raid in Ar Ramadi which resulted in faster and more confident integration of Iraqi Police Forces
- Coordinated more than 100 missions over a 70 kilometer radius in a combat zone resulting in reduction of casualties by 50% over four month period
- Managed $155,000 budget with 100% accountability resulting in acquiring a video teleconference set capable of connecting commanders across the world
“Achievement lies within the reach of those who reach beyond themselves” – Anonymous
“What if this is as good as it gets?” – Jack Nicholson, “As Good as it Gets”
“Press On: Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance, talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. Press on!” – Calvin Coolidge
“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm” – Sir Winston Churchill
“However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results” – Sir Winston Churchill
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power” – President Abraham Lincoln
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be” – President Abraham Lincoln
For better or worse, a few of Anthony’s quirks are on display for you. Have fun with them!
- Loves the cold weather and is almost always hot; is known to sleep with the windows open in the dead of winter
- Holds drumsticks with match and traditional grips depending on what type of music he is playing
- Loves to be the devil’s advocate in arguments even if he agrees with your position 100%
- Likes to stay in shape, preferably running on the treadmill while watching movies, and lifting free weights
- Hates taking the protective plastic coating of new devices like cell phones, MP3 players, et cetera, and will try to keep it on as long as possible before ripping it off
- Will argue with anyone that if they haven’t had New York pizza, then they have just eaten cheesy tomato bread
- Has a habit of holding his breath and making barely audible grumbling noises while concentrating or typing on keyboards
Nathan Radcliffe: Principal Business Consultant
There has yet to be a challenge that Nathan will not take on. His diverse work background has helped him become a well-rounded and knowledgeable individual. From bartender to system support for an internationally known video game company, Nathan has the street-smarts, skills, and the know-how to get business admin jobs done. Perseverance is his middle name, and MYnstrel is his game.
Nathan’s father instilled a superior work-ethic in his soul at an early age. Nathan watched his father work two full-time jobs in order to provide the kind of life for his family that many others only dream about. With this characteristic running deeply through his veins, Nathan began working at the early age of 14. It was at this age he learned that hard work provided financial advantage, but also gave him a strong feeling of self worth and accomplishment.
Nathan worked through high school after class and on the weekends. During his junior and senior year, Nathan was granted permission to attend school in the morning and have his afternoons and evenings to work as assistant manager of a local bakery. This privilege allowed Nathan to obtain real-world work experience and gain the upper-hand on his future endeavors.
Nathan continued to work his way through college. During this time he began working as a server and was quickly promoted to bartender at a neighborhood restaurant. Although he changed restaurants, his dedication to work always shined through and he was soon managing the bar at a very successful night club.
Although the money was more than plentiful, Nathan longed for achievements in other industries. Shortly after this inspiration struck, he accepted a position as a support specialist for a video game company. Managers of the company quickly noticed Nathan’s skills and integrity and promoted him in record time. Continuing Nathan’s rapid path of ascension, a highly successful government contracting firm sought him out. There, he gained valuable experience as a logistics support analyst which he now applies to MYnstrel’s music distribution and various business initiatives.
Music has been a steadfast friend throughout Nathan’s life. The trumpet once echoed the Radcliffe household during Nathan’s secondary education years. He enjoyed playing the trumpet and was elected first chair in his school band. Although this hobby did not follow Nathan through to high school he still remembers fondly how playing music made him feel empowered and looks at musicians with great respect. Nathan enjoys a wide genre of music but holds true to hip-hop, alternative, and rock.
Nathan has the following notable achievements:
- Nathan was the first in the Radcliffe family to earn a college degree
- Saved multiple lives while guarding the beaches of North Myrtle Beach, SC during his tenure as an ocean lifeguard
- Nathan is an accomplished mixologist thanks to his tenure as a bartender
- Following his graduation from high school, Nathan embarked on a soul searching exploratory journey cross-country by himself spanning a total of 20 states
- Conquered the mysteries of the opposite sex at age 29 when he married the woman of his dreams
- Has perfected the art of bagel baking
“I use not only all the brains I have, but all I can borrow.” – Woodrow Wilson
“People rarely ever fail, they just stop trying.”
“And this too, shall pass.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, the world before me, The long brown path leading wherever I choose.” – Walt Whitman
“Everybody makes their own fun. If you don’t make it yourself, it ain’t fun — it’s entertainment.” – David Mamet
“It’s only possible to live happily ever after on a moment-to-moment basis.” – Margaret Bonnano
“You can’t cross the sea merely by staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
For better or worse, a few of Nathan’s quirks are on display for you. Have fun with them!
- Puts salt and pepper on his food before he even tastes to see if it’s needed
- Prefers home cooked meals over dining out
- His attention to detail and obsession for tidiness has earned him the nickname of OCD by family, friends, and colleagues
- Can fall asleep almost anywhere
- Prefers to groom his nails with a razor blade as opposed to nail clippers
- Tends to inadvertently sweep the floor when talking on the telephone
Corey Wise: Principal Art Consultant
Corey is the artistic flair of MYnstrel, calling the Northern Virginia area his home and birthplace. Despite an eclectic range of hobbies, Corey’s primary interest lies in the field of design. Whether it be constructing corporate identities or arranging web page real estate, Corey prides himself on pushing his skills to the limit. Music plays an integral role in defining both his life and his design principles, and Corey often looks to music for influence when he undertakes a new project. Corey is motivated and determined, and will not turn down an opportunity to better himself both personally and professionally.
As a young adult, Corey was graciously surrounded with numerous opportunities to work for various family businesses. Throughout high school Corey often found himself spending his summers working at his family-run fireworks store, and was soon in charge of hiring help and providing on the job training. During the fall and winter months Corey helped his grandparents to sell and care for both pumpkins and Christmas trees, quickly proving himself capable of more responsibility.
During college, Corey matured and met with success managing exceedingly busier fireworks locations each year, until finally being placed in charge of the location responsible for the highest grossing sales record in the company’s history. In addition, Corey supplemented these jobs by doing freelance design work for both individuals and companies across the world.
He has held responsibilities for:
- Print Graphic Design
- Digital Graphic Design
- Human Resources Management
- Peer Leadership
- Project Management
Corey has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, and continually seeks to better his professional and personal life. He has successfully completed the level three Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT 3). When not spending time on a project, Corey enjoys testing the newest software revisions of design programs, and reading both books and journals on a variety of topics, including: design, linguistics, history, and art.
Corey enjoys a variety of artists classified in a multitude of genres. Though he has never pursued a career or hobby in musical creation, Corey appreciates the effort and ability that is needed to create music. Corey believes that music can be used to inspire, and often uses it as a muse when he is working on both personal and professional projects.
Corey has spearheaded or contributed to:
- Creating websites devoted to bettering the environmental education of elementary aged children, and interfacing with potential sponsors of the project to secure funding and support
- Establishing corporate identities of multinational companies, including Avtel Worldwide
- Creating and defining brand names and guidelines for start-up companies in foreign markets, including Pikkle Design
- Assisting multilingual corporations in retargeting products for foreign markets, including Prolingua Executive Language Services
- Collaborating on the design and implementation of MYnstrel’s websites and print media
“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” – Edgar Allan Poe, Eleonora
“The cowards think of what they can lose, the heroes of what they can win.” – J. M. Charlier
“Isn’t it pretty to think so?” – Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
“Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.” – Samuel Butler
“If you really want something, and really work hard, and take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way.” – Jane Goodall
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
“Even monkeys fall from trees.” – Japanese Proverb
“It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
For better or worse, a few of Corey’s quirks are on display for you. Have fun with them!
- Enjoys weightlifting and exercising as a form of stress release and for fitness
- Adamantly believes that saying too little is better than saying too much
- Enjoys driving with the windows down and the music turned up, even in winter
- Is fascinated by the differences between languages and dialects
- Enjoys going on long drives to relax or sort out his thoughts